September 22 – 23, 2016 – Sacramento, CA
About The Summits
Food Tank summits bring together some of the world’s most impactful food system leaders. Each event will feature 50+ speakers in interactive panels moderated by top food journalists, networking, and delicious food, followed by a day of hands-on activities and opportunities for attendees.
All summits will be live-streamed. Sign up for updates now and be the first to gain access, schedules, and details.
Food Tank Summit Locations
September 22 – 23, 2016
In partnership with the Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau, Farm-To-Fork Program, and University of California-Davis.
November 16, 2016
In partnership with University of Chicago Booth Business School and the Chicago Council on Global Affairs
São Paulo, Brazil
In partnership with the University of São Paulo and Fazenda de Toca Farm
Full details coming soon.
February 2, 2017
In partnership with The George Washington University
Know experts, innovators, and leaders?
We’re looking for the next round of food system experts, innovators, and leaders to speak in 2016. Let us know about your favorite food and agriculture experts:
Exciting Impact of Food Tank’s Summit
We recently hosted the 1st Annual Food Tank Summit in Washington D.C., which was held in partnership with The George Washington University. It was an exciting event and I’m writing to share with you impacts from the Summit—both its immediate successes and a variety of longer-term outcomes.
Highlights from the Summit include:
- – 400 in-person attendees (completely sold out) from more than 25 states.
- – 15,520 livestream participants from more than 125 countries. The livestream was shown on FoodTank.com, Jamie Oliver’s website, the Forum for the Future website, and the Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition Foundation website.
- – 78 speakers, panelists, and moderators, came from various leading policy organizations, NGOs, nonprofits, federal and state governments, global health organizations, domestic and international corporations, as well as passionate individuals from all over the world. Please view the complete agenda (http://ow.ly/HYTyK).
- – 11 top food journalists on stage as panel moderators from major media outlets including National Public Radio, Bloomberg, The Washington Post, Voice of America, Politico, and more.
- – More than 6 million Twitter impressions including more than 7,500 tweets directly mentioning or using the #FoodTank hashtag (#FoodTank number one “trending” topic on Twitter on Thursday, January 22 and number two “trending” topic on Wednesday, January 21).
- – 500 attendees to the Food Tank dinner and reception the first evening with Washington Post Food Editor Joe Yonan, Chef Jose Andres, Congresswoman Pingree, and others.
- – All videos (of individual speakers and entire panels) will be posted this week to the Food Tank YouTube page and photos from the event will be posted to the Food Tank Facebook page
- – Major event sponsorships included the Barilla Center for Food & Nutrition, Whole Foods Market, Equal Exchange, Panera Bread, Chipotle, sweetgreen, ShopHouse, and more.